Two years ago 10,000 Farkle was released as my second game in BlackBerry AppWorld. Here are the highlights of the last two years.
History of Farkle
- January 2010 – Version 1.0 released The first version of 10,000 Farkle was released in BlackBerry AppWorld.
- May 2010 – Version 1.1 released This update added support for achievements.
- September 2010 – Version 1.2 released Vast improvements to the animations, and support for OS6 devices.
- February 2011 – Version 1.3 released Improvements to graphics and further OS6 support.
- August 2011 – Version 1.4 released Support for OS7 devices was added.
- January 2011 – Version 1.5 released Added auto-saving of game progress.
How to Play
Farkle gives you six dice to roll and awards points for a straight, three pairs or three or more of the same number. Fewer points ares also awarded for each individual 1 and 5. Any dice that do not score can be re-rolled for additional points. If all 6 dice can be scored, all of the dice can be re-rolled on the same turn.
The skill in this game comes from knowing how far to push your luck, and which scoring combinations to take, and which to re-roll.
The default game mode gives you 10 turns to score as many points as you can. The 10,000 point mode is the traditional way to play, where the goal is to reach 10,000 points in as few turns as possible. The two competitive game modes “vs Friend” and “vs Computer” both use the traditional race to 10,000 points.
Links & Information
- 10,000 Farkle at AppWorld
- 10,000 Farkle News
- 10,000 Farkle Website
- 10,000 Farkle Video
- Ebscer at Facebook