If you had placed the launch of Twinkle into your Twinkle app, it would show that it has now been 365 days since that event occurred.
Twinkle has come a long way in the past year, being named a Regional Selections Winner in the 2010 BlackBerry Super Apps Challenge, and upgrading to version 2.2 by adding integration with new OS 6.0 features like Universal Search. Additionally Twinkle has earned a four out of five stars average rating in BlackBerry AppWorld on the back of 122 reviews.
History of Twinkle
- July 12th 2010 – Version 1.0 released The first version of Twinkle was released in BlackBerry AppWorld.
- September 27th 2010 – BlackBerry Partners fund named Twinkle a Regional Selections Winner in the 2010 BlackBerry Super Apps Challenge.
- October 26th 2010 – Version 1.1 released Twinkle gets its first upgrade, adding font options.
- November 28th 2010 – Featured in AppWorld Twinkle gets featured for one week in BlackBerry AppWorld.
- December 12th 2010 – Version 2.0 released Major update adds Universal Search and keyboard short cuts, while also offering tighter integration with the native calendar.
- December 18th 2010 – Version 2.1 released Adding support for reoccurring events.
- May 9th 2011 – Version 2.2 released Adding in-app payments to remove advertising and even more options for integrating with the native calendar.
Twinkle is a simple app that allows you to set and keep track of upcoming and past events. Twinkle will tell you how far away an event is, and allows you to send events to and from your BlackBerry’s native calendar. Twinkle gives you the ability to add and edit events, lets you keep track of how soon something is, or how long it has been since an event. Integration with Universal Search and keyboard shortcuts make it one of the easiest applications to navigate.